Lectureships/Senior Lectureships (3 posts), School of Biology & Psychology (Psychology Division), £31,525 - £44,947
The Division of Psychology (in the School of Biology and Psychology) is one of the premier Psychology groupings in the UK, having scored the highest ratings in both research (RAE 2001 5*) and teaching (QAA Subject Review 24/24 points) and would like to make strategic appointments to strengthen our research and undergraduate teaching.

A further and important aim of these appointments is to broaden our research portfolio: we seek applications from outstanding researchers in any area of Psychology. We particularly welcome applications from early career researchers of exceptional promise. For one of the posts preference will be given to candidates who will pursue a research programme in sensory or cognitive neuroscience using micro-electrode recording and/or fMRI.

Informal enquiries may be made to Prof. A. Derrington (0191) 222 8992.

Job Reference: D1232A
Answerphone: (0191) 222 5085

To apply, please forward send your CV, covering letter and completed Employment Record Form, to Human Resources (SAgE), 1st Floor Agriculture Building, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU to arrive no later than 23rd June 06. Please note that interviews will be held on 17th and 18th July 06.

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/vacancies/vacancy.phtml?ref=D1232A

Prof. A. Thiele
Psychology, Brain, and Behavior
Henry Wellcome Building