The reason for the discrepancy is because the _seg_sn.mat files get corrected
using a Procrustes method.  This decomposes the spatial transformation into a
rigid-body transform and a nonlinear deformation.  The idea of this hidden
feature was to allow morphometry to be done more easily in the nonlinear
deformations.

The affine transform matrices are actually rigid-body, but taking account of
the voxel-to-world mappings of the source image and template, so they become
a voxel-to-voxel mapping.

Best regards,
-John