(-:

Thanks for your reply.

On 12/5/06, PESENTI Mauro <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
LLN, le 5/12/06

Dear Christina,

Cyril is right: concatenation is not recommended. If the scanner
stopped and restarted between runs, yet you modelled your conditions
as a single session, then your data no longer represent a continuous
timeseries, and several aspects of SPM will be disrupted, eg.:

- highpass filtering,
- temporal autocorrelation estimation,
- grand-mean scaling,
- session-meaning.

(I quote Rik Henson, from this list).

Note that I once compared "concatenated runs + constant" to
"separated sessions" and the results were quite similar, though not
identical.

>I will need to reanalyse 15 peoples data . . .).

Hmmmm, what are 15 individual analyses in the life of a brain-mapper...?

Hope this helps,

Mauro

--
_____________________________________

Help fighting hunger: http://www.hungersite.com

Just click your mouse and sponsors of The Hunger Site donate a
serving of food to a person in need - at no cost to you.

______________________________________

Mauro PESENTI
Research Associate, National Fund for Scientific Research (Belgium)
Unite de Neurosciences Cognitives
Departement de Psychologie
Universite Catholique de Louvain
Place Cardinal Mercier, 10