Hi Juergen,

Seems I spoke too soon...

Juergen Haenggi wrote:
> (under the Custom option) there is following statement:
>
> The  original  data  are derived from 452 T1-weighted
> scans,  which  were  aligned  with  an  atlas  space,
> corrected  for  scan  inhomogeneities, and classified
> into  grey  matter,  white  matter  and cerebrospinal
> fluid.  These data were then affine registered to the
> MNI space and downsampled to 2mm resolution.

Right, I was just thinking about the template for some reason... So I
am pretty certain that the spm5/templates/T1.nii is the MNI/ICBM152
template, not the 452 version, but...

The TPMs in SPM5 might well come from the ICBM452 rather than 152,
sorry about my confusion here. Since the SPM5 TPMs are quite sharp,
I'm guessing that they are the 5th order polynomial warped version
that you spoke of (but it's just a guess, I should really wait for JA
to reply...)

 > Do you have any idea what the difference between the
 > a priori maps located in the tpm and that located
 > in the apriori folder is?

The apriori folder contains the much smoother SPM2 priors. What I
don't know is whether these are smoother due to using the
affine-registered ICBM452 version, or maybe the 152 version, or
whether they were simply Gaussian smoothed versions of the sharper
SPM5 TPMs.

Hopefully John Ashburner will clear up this mess that I have gotten us
into... ;-)

Ged.