Hi again,

probably, I was misunderstood due to a bad formulation of my question. I tried
to ask: how many additional (transformation-) parameters could you include in
the SPM-coregistration-algorithm, without losing in accuracy. Is the
information incorporated in the mutal information (MI)-obtimisation function
"sufficient enough" to calculate 12  (or even more) parameters correctly,
instead of the usual 6 parameters, assuming a dataset with high resolution, and
assuming that, each additional parameter changes the optimisation function less
or in the same order of magnitude as the parameters before.

Thanks,

Siawoosh.