Hi All --

I have pre and post data for two groups (intervention and control), and wish
to test the differences between groups in across-session changes in neural
activity 1) during one condition and 2) for a contrast btwn multiple
conditions).  However, due to attrition and some subjects excluded for head
movement, my pre and post groups are not identical.  I think this precludes
the use of a paired t-test (which if I'm right could compare each subject to
themselves pre-post and then allow for second level analysis of resulting
contrasts).  If I wanted to include all my sessions, and treat pre-post as a
variable without assuming identical subjects between sessions, could I use
ANOVA instead?  Would I use beta scores to test for differences within
condition, and contrasts to assess differences between conditions?

Thanks very much for any help,

Jamil