Postdoctoral position in computational nanoscience at the University of
Helsinki, Finland

A postdoctoral position is available in the Laboratory of Physical Chemistry
for one year and five months starting September 1st 2006. The salary is 2600
- 3200 euro per month. The successful candidate is expected to carry out
computational research in the field of nanoscience, where we are
particularly interested in metal clusters on semiconductor surfaces and in
molecules adsorbed on catalytic metal surfaces. See J. Phys. Chem. B 109,
8954-8960 (2005) for our publication in the related field.

The Helsinki computational chemistry/molecular spectroscopy group has
excellent computational and experimental facilities, and is part of the
Finnish Center of Excellence in Computational Molecular Science. The
research group consists of about 10 people. Our laboratory is located in the
Chemistry Department building in the new Kumpula science campus area.
Helsinki, being Finland’s capital, is a vibrant city that offers many
cultural events all year round. Finland is particularly attractive due to
its wild nature, which includes tens of thousands of lakes and islands.
There are excellent opportunities for both summer and winter sports activities.

More information can be obtained from Prof. Lauri Halonen, tel.
+358-9-19150280, fax +358-9-19150279, e-mail [log in to unmask], home
page
http://fkassistant.pc.helsinki.fi/MolSpecGrp.html
Please apply by e-mail or send the application to this address: Prof. Lauri
Halonen, Laboratory of Physical Chemistry, P.O. Box 55 (A.I. Virtasen aukio
1), FIN-00014 University of Helsinki, Finland. The closing date is the 25th
of August 2006.