Dear Fellow P-Gs

This is a short introductory message.  I am very pleased to have joined Socrel-PG and very much look forward to attending some conferences and study days in the near future.

I’m a ‘mature’ student and am doing an MPhil at Birmingham University.

I am looking at the question of identities and particularly looking at the question of how identities are conceived and constructed; how the current texts of identity emerged in the Western world, the discursive construction of identities; how such construction regulates the identities of certain groups within society and how such regulation can be used as a tool of ‘power’ by the dominant social order to maintain its own interests.   As a case study I am looking at the current ‘crisis’ within the Anglican Communion concerning the issue of homosexuality and the place and role identity has within that context.

Looking forward to hearing from some of you and sharing ideas and thoughts in the coming months.

Best wishes

Gill Gould