Last year, RoutledgeFalmer published "Teaching International Students:
Improving Learning For All" in the SEDA Series, written by Jude Carroll
and Jeanette Ryan.

The attached flyer refers to a one-day workshop on this topic, led by
Jude Carroll, and put on by UKCOSA: The Council for International
Education, 22nd June, in London.

You can find more details at: http://www.ukcosa.org.uk/pages/course19.htm

*The synopsis of the book reads:

*"With a key focus on teaching, this book looks at the full experience
of teaching students who are faced with massive task of coming to terms
with a foreign environment. This book explores the assumptions and
beliefs that are embedded within teaching and learning practice and
advocates an inclusive approach to integrating international students
fully into the higher education system. Full of practical suggestions
and case study material drawn from around the world, this book should be
required reading for all lecturers teaching in internationalized higher
education institutions."

As the SEDA Series editor, may I urge you to a) attend the workshop, b)
buy the book and c) buy multiple copies of the book for your colleagues.
At the risk of being accused of disloyalty to Routledge, I would advise
you not to struggle to find it on their web site, but to go straight to
Amazon! It's in paperback, by the way.

James Wisdom