Radical Statistics Journal: Call for contributions to a special issue dealing with Housing.

Contributions are invited for a special issue of the Journal dealing with housing and related issues which we hope to publish in Autumn / Winter 2006

We would be glad to receive any pieces which address housing issues and support Radstats’ general objective of the use of statistics to support radical campaigns for progressive social change.

Areas which might form the subject of articles for this issue include:

The above list is merely intended to be suggestive and whilst we would welcome pieces addressing those topics, we would be glad to receive any contribution within the general remit of the issue.

The standard format for contributions should be observed. This is:

Detailed articles should normally be between 4,000 and 5,000 words in length. Contributions should be sent to the  issue editor, preferably via e-mail attachment (a rich text format file) or by post on a CD if possible, using Wordperfect, Microsoft Word, or ASCII text but including a printed version with full contact details. Ideally use 1" margins, Bookman Old Style 13 pt for text, 18 pt bold for subheadings, 18 pt italics for your name, and 24 pt bold for the title. Graphs, charts and diagrams should be clearly printed and their position in the article should be indicated. The Harvard system should be used for referencing. If you wish to have your article refereed before publication, please state this clearly and send it via e-mail attachment if possible (as a rich text format file). Your article will be read for clarity and relevance to the concerns of Radical Statistics; amendments to improve the article may be required by the editors before publication as a refereed article.

Contributions should be sent to:

and to:

We would like to receive draft articles by 30th April 2006 and final versions after refereeing / editorial review   by 31st July 2006.

****************************************************** Please note that if you press the 'Reply' button your message will go only to the sender of this message. If you want to reply to the whole list, use your mailer's 'Reply-to-All' button to send your message automatically to [log in to unmask] *******************************************************