Please see message below -

I hope this attachment is allowed through - it's size is small but it's a
PDF.

This has been forwarded to me and is allowed to be circulated to interested
colleagues. Very short deadline!

I am sure there are a number of Radstats people who may be interested in
this. For example, participants in last year's Radstats conference on Global
Poverty and Inequality?

P.S. Issue 89 with papers from those conference presenters is now up on the
website. http://www.radstats.org.uk/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Robin Rice
Data Librarian
EDINA and University Data Library
http://datalib.ed.ac.uk/
0131 651 1431
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<<International Microdata Scoping Studies - Final Brief 09_06_06 (PDF
version).pdf>>
Dear RRB Directors,

As you will be aware in April 2005 the Research Resources Board
commissioned a Review of International Data Resources and Needs.  Among
its many recommendations, the report arising from this review drew
attention to the paucity of accessible social and economic microdata
resources covering certain key countries - notably for China, India,
Mexico, Brazil and South Africa.

To inform future actions to address this issue, the Board agreed to
commission a number of scoping studies designed to establish the
availability within these countries of social and economic microdata
resources for research purposes.

Attached is a specification for these studies against which we are
currently inviting tenders. I would be grateful if you could look at the
attached specification and forward it to any colleagues they feel might
be interested / appropriate to undertake one or more of these studies.

Please note the deadline for tenders is 5pm on Friday 30th June 2006.

If you have any queries or problems then please feel free to contact my
colleague Helen Haggart ([log in to unmask])

Many thanks

Mike

Michael Bright
Senior Science Manager (Research Resources)
Policy and Resources Directorate
Economic and Social Research Council
Polaris House
North Star Avenue
Swindon
SN2 1UJ
Direct Dial: 01793 413042
Email: [log in to unmask]

Please note that if you press the 'Reply' button your
message will go only to the sender of this message.
If you want to reply to the whole list, use your mailer's
'Reply-to-All' button to send your message automatically
to [log in to unmask]
Disclaimer: The messages sent to this list are the views of the sender and cannot be assumed to be representative of the range of views held by subscribers to the Radical Statistics Group. To find out more about Radical Statistics and its aims and activities and read current and past issues of our newsletter you are invited to visit our web site www.radstats.org.uk.