Barbara
Interesting project but that has to be the worst acronym ever!

Barbara Keating

----- Original Message ----
From: Gail Cardew <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, 13 December, 2006 9:50:03 AM
Subject: [PSCI-COM] EuroWistdom project

List members may be interested in the following project supported by Euroscience. If anyone would like further information, please contact Julia Epp at the Euroscience office - [log in to unmask] or at +33 (0)3 88 24 11 50

EuroWistdom – European Women in Science TV Drama on Message

About the Project
The project tackles the lack of female role models in science and engineering in European countries, e.g. in Germany, giving women a leading role in science and technology based stories in TV.
Writers or producer-writer teams from all over Europe are encouraged to develop ideas for TV drama and series and can expect a € 7000 support package if their proposal is selected by the Jury.
On 17 February 2007, a launch event in Berlin will promote the project. Science soirées in Ljubljana and Paris in February and March 2007 will follow this event.

Project co-ordinator and partners
Femtec GmbH, Germany (Co-ordinator), http://www.femtec.org
Ad Futura, Slovenia (Partner), http://www.ad-futura.si/
Euro-MEI, Belgium (Partner), http://www.union-network.org
Euroscience, France (Partner), http://www.euroscience.org
OMNI Communications, United Kingdom/France (Partner), http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~pawsomni/index.htm

Euroscience and the Project
We encourage our members to support this project, as it is one of our major objectives to promote SET based professions for women and to increase the number of female scientists, especially in the so-called hard sciences. Euroscience will ensure the dissemination of the project in the scientific community and actively network to spread the message.

Interested writers are encouraged to contact Euroscience for scientific background information and will be put in contact with scientists from our network.

"Europe still has a long way to go in terms of fully incorporating talent from women. Euroscience can, and should be, adamant to help in using our potential to the full." Enric Banda, President of Euroscience

For detailed information, please contact us at [log in to unmask] or at +33 (0)3 88 24 11 50.

Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html

5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication and science
and society can be found at http://psci-com.ac.uk