From: psci-com: on public engagement with science [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Rebecca Carver
Sent: 06 September 2006 15:39
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PSCI-COM] Genes and the media!

Dear list members,

Has anyone done a content or framing analysis of British newspapers before?

Perhaps somebody could advise me on how to find artitcles! I am a PhD student in Oslo about to undertake a framing analysis of how the Norwegian and British media communicate the concept of what a gene is to the general public. I would like to search British newspaper archives for gene-related articles from the last 3-4 years. I have heard of Nexis Lexis Academic but my university doesn't have it so I was wondering what other options there are (or maybe i can access it via something else?).

Any suggestions?

kind regards,
Rebecca.

Rebecca Carver, M.Sc.
Research assistant
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences
University of Oslo
P.O. Box 1110, Blindern
0316 Oslo

5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication and science
and society can be found at http://psci-com.ac.uk