Dear All,

Just thought I'd pass on a nice demo idea from the AJP, involving
participants with coloured glasses and chocolate balls replicating a
quantum encryption protocol, even in the face of classical and quantum
attack:

American Journal of Physics,
September 2006 - Volume 74,
Issue 9, pp. 800-803
Karl Svozil  - Staging quantum cryptography with chocolate balls

The first performance of this idea took place at the Vienna University
of Technology as a part of “Lange Nacht der Forschung” (Long Night of
Science) event.

I think I might try this out at a Quantum Information event here in
Oxford soon...

best,

Mark

Mark A G Jones
Nanomaterials for Quantum Information Processing

Office 195.20.09
QIPIRC, Department of Materials,
University of Oxford,
Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PH, UK

tel: +44-1865-273700    tel direct: +44-1865-273719
fax: +44-1865-273789    e-mail:     [log in to unmask]

Collaboration Website: 	http://www.qipirc.org
Group Website:		http://www.nanotech.org
Department Website: 	http://www.materials.ox.ac.uk
College Website:	http://www.lincoln.ox.ac.uk