Plus magazine (http://plus.maths.org) would like to remind you that the Plus
new writers award is still open for entries until the 30th of September 2006.

Plus magazine launched its maths writing competition in May to find the
people who can bring maths to life. We are inviting readers of all ages and
backgrounds to submit articles on any mathematical topic they find
interesting and would like to share with the world. Winning entries will be
read by an international audience of over a hundred thousand in the December
issue of Plus and receive an iPod, a subscription to the journal Nature, as
well as signed copies of popular science books by some of the best authors
around.

Plus is a free online magazine about maths that is aimed at a general
audience. It is part of the Millennium Mathematics Project, a not-for-profit
organisation based at Cambridge University. Our aim is to open a window onto
the world of maths, with all its beauty and applications, by providing
articles from the top mathematicians and science writers on topics as
diverse as art, medicine, cosmology and sport.

With the Plus new writers award we would like to invite our readers to
share and explore their own interest in maths. For more information please
see http://plus.maths.org/competition/.

Please pass our invitation to enter the Plus new writers award on to anyone
you think might be interested in taking part.