Dear All,

As we become engulfed in the 8+ separate Festivals here in Edinburgh this summer you might be interested in the science events which feature in these.

There's a (long) list of everything I've picked up from the listings at the end of this email but in particular Y-Touring's well-received play, Every Breath, will be at the Fringe for most of August exploring the use of animals in biomedical research. ("Howls of laughter... full of passion and intelligence" The Guardian). Y-Touring are offering members of the science community two-for-one tickets. The offer runs from Monday 14th August to Sunday 20th August (no performance Wednesday 16th) and is only available through the Hill Street Theatre's box office or on the door. To take advantage of this offer, please quote "Science Community Special Offer". (More details below).

There are also local stars (including Dr Bunhead at the Fringe and Ken Macleod, Ian Wilmut, Michael Northcott, Andrew Patrizio and Dave Reay at the Book Festival) as well as international stars such as Al Gore on Climate Change at the Film Festival.

The list below doesn't constitute recommendations, just everything with a science element (plays, paintings, films, stand-up, musicals) - enjoy.

Regards,

Tony Weir
Events Secretary,
Edinburgh and South East Scotland Branch of
The BA (British Association for the Advancement of Science)

SUMMER FESTIVALS IN EDINBURGH
www.edinburghfestivals.co.uk

EDINBURGH INTERNATIONAL BOOK FESTIVAL
www.edbookfest.co.uk