PCST meeting highlights

There was little online news coverage of the 9th International Conference on Public Communication of Science and Technology that took place in South Korea last week, so I thought you might be interested in the following articles by SciDev.Net China's regional coordinator, Jia Hepeng, who attended the event.

See the following news items published on the SciDev.Net website and also a feature article in the China Daily newspaper:

Academy of science communicators planned

http://www.scidev.net/News/index.cfm?fuseaction=readNews&itemid=2857&language=1

PCST, an international network of science communicators, has announced plans to create an academy to support its work.

Science communicators 'must promote public debate'

http://www.scidev.net/News/index.cfm?fuseaction=readNews&itemid=2848&language=1

A conference has heard calls for science communicators in developing nations to promote public debates, not just raise awareness of science.

Science speaks through artistic forms

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/cndy/2006-05/24/content_598642.htm

I hope you find this collection of interest. We are very keen that more people involved in science communication know about SciDev.Net and what it has to offer, so please feel free to reproduce the SciDev.Net articles or forward this email to friends and colleagues.

Kind regards,

Jemima Tonks

Marketing Manager
SciDev.Net

SciDev.Net is the world’s leading electronic source of free news, view and analysis about science and technology in the developing world. Through support from international aid agencies, all SciDev.Net content and services are free of charge.

If you are new to SciDev.Net, please consider registering for our free weekly email alert which lists all news, features, opinions and notices added to our website.

You can register online here: http://www.scidev.net/register

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by Verizon Business Internet Managed Scanning Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit http://www.mci.com
********************************************************************** 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the following message: set psci-com nomail 2. To resume email from the list, send the following message: set psci-com mail 3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message: leave psci-com 4. Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive, can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html 5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication and science and society can be found at http://psci-com.org.uk **********************************************************************