TO: PSCI-COM UK

Dear PSCI-COM list members

I am helping the British Council in southern Africa to develop a public
engagement plan around the theme: Food, nutrition and health.  We are
planning a series of workshops (from about August 2006 to March 2007) to
design the details of the programme and develop some of its tangible
products.  A key aspect of these workshops will be the involvement of
relevant experts from the UK.

I am therefore interested to make contact with research scientists and
science communication professionals with experience (and ideas!) in the
field of public communication and engagement around food, nutrition and
health.  We are specifically interested to explore disinformation and
misinformation in the media and how informed decision making around
food, nutrition and health could be promoted - via mass media and other
(more innovative?) science communication channels such as science
theatre.

I look forward to hearing from UK scientists and communicators who would
like to partner with us in this project.

Marina Joubert
Southern Science, South Africa
www.southernscience.co.za
In collaboration with the British Council, South Africa

send an email to [log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com nomail

2. To resume email from the list, send the following message:

set psci-com mail

leave psci-com

4. Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive,
can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html

5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication and science
and society can be found at http://psci-com.org.uk