-----Original Message-----
From: psci-com: on public engagement with science
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mandy Tulloch
Sent: 11 January 2006 12:19
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PSCI-COM] instruction insanity!

Dear All

Quick presentation query.

How do you cope with presenting the same information hundreds of times
your visitors without going mad?

Be it a welcome or the instructions to an activity, it is sometimes
necessary to repeat the same thing many times in one day. This can be a
form of torture! How do you keep your presentation fresh and exciting,
even
if it's the 497th time you've said it that day?

I'm looking to pass on some words of wisdom to student facilitators
working
with us. Personally, I always try to remember that it's the visitor's
first
experience, but there must be other clever ways to remain sane!

Thanks!!

Mandy.

------------
Mandy Tulloch
Development Co-ordinator

Natural History Centre
University of Aberdeen
Zoology Building
Tillydrone Avenue
Aberdeen AB24 2TZ

T -   01224 493 288
E -  [log in to unmask]
W - www.abdn.ac.uk/nhc

1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example, send
an email to [log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com nomail

2. To resume email from the list, send the following message:

set psci-com mail

3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the
message:

leave psci-com

4. Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including
list archive, can be found at the list web site:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html

5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication
and science and society can be found at http://psci-com.org.uk

This incoming email to UWE has been independently scanned for viruses
and any virus detected has been removed using McAfee anti-virus software

This email has been independently scanned for viruses and any virus software has been removed using McAfee anti-virus software