	-----Original Message-----
	From: psci-com: on public engagement with science
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Katrien Van Look
	Sent: 11 October 2006 16:13
	To: [log in to unmask]
	Subject: [PSCI-COM] An ear, an eye, etc., needed for an exhibit
at London Zoo

	Dear all,

	We are working on a National Science Week exhibit (9-18 March
2007) funded by NESTA and the Zoological Society of London on the
senses, including the sixth sense.  The exhibit (Sense-ational Science)
to be housed at London Zoo will explore how animals use their senses in
amazing ways, how scientists are studying this, and the implications
these studies have for society and technology.  We are looking for
artists who might be interested in getting involved. It would suit a
recent graduate in prop-making, theatre or set-design who would like to
have their work displayed in the public arena of London Zoo.
Specifically, we're looking for someone who'd be able to create large,
exciting (possibly abstract) models of sense organs (eyes, ears, nose,
etc.) to enhance the exhibit.  We have some (limited) funding for
materials. Interested parties please contact me by email
([log in to unmask] ) as soon as possible: the models would
need to be completed by mid-February, ready for the exhibit in mid-March
2007.

	We have also posted this e-mail onto an art distribution list,
but I thought I would ask here too as there may be artist science
communicators amongst you, and you may have helpful suggestions and
ideas.

	Thank you for your help and let me know if you'd like further
information.

	Kind regards,
	Katrien Van Look

Over 750,000 people in the UK currently have diabetes but don’t know it.
Take the Measure Up 2 minute test to see if you are at risk: www.diabetes.org.uk/MeasureUp

Diabetes UK (the operating name of The British Diabetic Association, company limited by guarantee). Registered company number 00339181. Registered charity number 215199. Registered address Macleod House, 10 Parkway, London NW1 7AA.

This message contains confidential information solely for its intended recipient(s). If you have received this communication in error, please return it to the sender and then delete any copies of it.

Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of viruses and the like, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use of this message and any attachments will not adversely affect their systems or data. Diabetes UK accepts no responsibility in this regard.