As someone who felt that they SHOULD be reading NS I decided to get a
subscription last Xmas.  I have decided not to renew it as I found that
most of the front page articles would draw ones attention to an article
that then admitted that the supposed 'breakthrough' was an untested
theory by someone who most scientists felt was wrong.

I was left unsure as to what audience NS was aimed at.  Apart form the
last two pagees, Feedback and `The Last Word, I rarely foind that it
took 10 minutes to read everything that interested me. On balance I
felt it was of no use to me.

This year I have taken out an online subscription to Scientific
American.

--

"Science was his forte, OmniScience his foible"          Sydney Smith
of William Whewell

Bryson Gore
24 Lawn Rd
London