Gavin Merrifield wrote:
>In that there are far more
> serious and important battles to be fought for science
> in this country, which (despite the opinion of a small
> organisation such as the BCSE) creationism is
> certainly not one - not even amongst 'fundamentalist'
> Christians.

Strengthening the quality of biology education in schools, which
includes being aware of the threat of creationism (which more than the
BCSE is taking seriously. We are currently in discussions with a few
national scientific organisations) is amongst those priorities. The
issue has now become a significant problem for leading universities.
Leeds University is introducing compulsory courses for undergraduates in
genetics and biological sciences to show that creationism, and its
thinly disguised identical twin, intelligent design, are wholly
unscientific. Leicester University has likewise introduced similar
compulsory work for its undergraduates.

--
Best, Mikey Brass
MA in Archaeology degree, University College London

- !ke e: /xarra //ke
("Diverse people unite": Motto of the South African Coat of Arms, 2002)