-----Original Message-----
From: psci-com: on public engagement with science
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Peter Green
Sent: 08 May 2006 13:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PSCI-COM] A bit of a whinge

A few years ago AlphaGalileo ran a small seminar for British
engineering journos and PROs on ways to get more and better coverage
of UK research in the media. We got a guy from Fraunhofer to attend
and talk about how they operate, since they get plenty of media
coverage.

The outcome was a set of very simple suggestions to get UK
engineering better known and better understood by the UK/world media.
What happened to them? N'owt.

I hate using terms like this (especially if there are social
scientists reading this) but it does seem that sometimes the UK
engineering community has a victim mentality.

Peter Green
Director Development
Email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: +44 (0) 7866 727141
Fax: +44(0) 8700 524429

AlphaGalileo Foundation
175-185 Grays Inn Road
London
WC1X 8UP
United Kingdom

AlphaGalileo: The online press centre for the latest in European
research
www.alphagalileo.org