Diane

Your comments about high school are interesting - the approach in schools to coursework is a problem. However, there may be help on the way, at least for some of us.

1) In the last couple of months I've seen guidelines for Scottish high schools from the SQA (sort of exam board) which discuss plagiarism, etc. in coursework for 4th+  year pupils (including advice to parents!).

2) This week my granddaughter (age 9 ) in Primary 5 in Falkirk was given a 'project' on France. The instructions included "use a computer and the Internet, don't copy, use your own words and include a bibliography". The teacher will, of course, explain all these ideas.

The 1st seems sensible but is 2) a bit of overkill? When is a good age to start all this? Is there anything like this going on in other parts of the country?

I suppose it might mean that we'll be alright in about 10 years time!

Scott

Scott Raeburn
Academic Conduct Officer
School of Computing