Absolutely.

  BUT - such unethical operators
  (a) might not sign up (would we know?) and
  (b) would not care anyway, as they don't now care.

  Plus - would it mean that we would have identified the ones that unethical students would like to use as they could then advertise not having signed up as being somehow an 'advantage' to the student?

  Anyay - I would still like some code so than we know who is and is not......

  Penny

Peter Taylor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
                Dear All,

  To follow up on my previous post I would like to pose one question to the list community.

  Do the JISC PAS list members think that an ‘Ethical Code of Conduct’ for online Coursework Libraries would be a good idea?

  I believe this would be beneficial for both students and educators alike. As we well know  there are a number of essay sites which clearly encourage plagiarism. Such websites, for example can even provide guarantees that their essays will not be detected by Plagiarism Detection Software, whilst sometimes simultaneously describing their position on plagiarism in such a way that is designed to convince students that they are ethical.

  Many thanks,
  Peter Taylor

  Peter Taylor
Operations Director
Acumen PI

  "Delivering the UK's Largest Student Community Websites and Coursework Libraries"

  T: +44(0)117 914 0121
E: [log in to unmask]

  www.AcumenPI.com
www.Coursework.Info
www.TheStudentRoom.co.uk

  For the full list of sites owned by Acumen PI please visit www.AcumenPI.com

  Legally privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee(s) legally indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not
copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify us immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet e-mail messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorised representative independent of this message.
Please note that despite using the latest virus software, neither my employer nor I accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any).

************************************************************************* You are subscribed to the JISC Plagiarism mailing list. To Unsubscribe, change your subscription options, or access list archives, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/PLAGIARISM.html *************************************************************************