Dear All,

It is my personal belief that a short, compulsory 'study skills' module
upon commencement of undergraduate studies would be of value to both
students and their HEI.
Workshops on plagiarism / collusion / cheating could be facilitated and
the students' understanding of the locally-accepted referencing systems
could be checked plus
the HEI would have some level of protection should a student claim that
they had not been given effective guidelines in this area.

Would any one have any leads for me to follow up or opinions upon the
value of such a short module?

I would like to explore this area with a view to perhaps presenting a
paper to our Directorate: we are concerned about the rising numbers of
assessment offences, particularly unintentional plagiarism i.e. poor
referencing.

Thank you,
Linda

Linda Farrall
Advice Services' Co-ordinator,
Students' Union Advice Centre,
University of the West of England
www.uwesu.net/advice <http://www.uwesu.net/advice>    Tel:0117 328 2571

This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended exclusively for the use
of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please return it
to the sender and delete all copies - Thank you.

This email has been independently scanned for viruses and any virus software has been removed using McAfee anti-virus software