Dear List

**** Apologies for Cross Posting ****

Do you want to learn digital imaging or improve your skills in July? The
JISC's Technical Advisory Service for Images (TASI) still has some places
available on its popular image capture series. These can be taken as
standalone courses, or as a series of two or three workshops. We give brief
details below, but for full descriptions and booking information, please
see our training page: http://www.tasi.ac.uk/training/

***Image Capture - Beginners, Thursday 13th July
Provides an introduction and overview of digital imaging, with practical
exercises using a scanner and digital camera.

***Image Capture - Intermediate, Friday 14th July
Aimed at those who already have some image capture experience or have
attended the beginner's course. Introduces more advanced scanning and image
optimisation techniques as well as monitor calibration.

***Image Capture - Advanced, Tuesday 18th July
Addresses some of the more advanced scanning techniques. Participants will
also work with a digital camera and copy stand, and evaluate different
capture methodologies by comparing the quality of the images they produce.

For further information and to book a place, please see our Training page:
http://www.tasi.ac.uk/training/

In addition to its training programme, TASI provides many resources on its
Web site and a free helpdesk service for those within FE/HE:
http://www.tasi.ac.uk/helpdesk/

TASI has also recently released a new blog, The TASI Lightbox, available at:
http://www.tasi.ac.uk/blog/

Regards

Nigel