I concur with Mark's opinion.  In terms of intonation, a male shift of
100 Hz to 150 Hz is much greater than a female shift of 200 Hz to 250
Hz, so it is better to show them using a logarithmic scale, or
semitones, or if you prefer in terms of percentages -- all of these are
exactly equivalent.  If you do that, a shift of 100 Hz to 150 Hz is the
same as a shift of 200 Hz to 300 Hz, and this achieves a kind of
normalization.

If, however, you are looking at simultaneous frequencies, such as
formants that combine to create a single vowel, then you should probably
use an auditory scale, such as the Bark scale or ERB-rate scale.  These
are based on factors such as masking and auditory separation of
simultaneous components of the speech signal.

So: for intonation, use a log scale; but for representing vowels, use a
Bark scale.

And when reporting values, you can probably continue to use Hertz, as
that is what everyone is familiar with.  So: in reporting values, use
Hz; but in representing values, or when analysing them, use one of the
others.

David.

(PS.  Of course, singing is on a logarithmic scale.  And harmony
probably is as well, even though it involves simultaneous sounds.  But
Jane, I'm not going to attempt to teach you about singing!  It's an
interesting thought though, if sounds that fuse into the perception of a
single vowel are represented on a Bark scale, but sounds that fuse into
a single harmony are logarithmic.  But in fact the physics of that
conclusion is fairly straightforward.)