Dear all,
I hope you can suggest any good dictionary for New Zealand and South
African English with accurate and reliable phonEMic transcriptions
for actual NZ and SA pronunciations? And perhaps one for Ireland
(Eire) and India, as well?

I thank you those who have already sent me some phonETic indications.
But I know fairly well their characteristics (in fact I'm writing a
book on the different pronunciations of English, in detail, as a
world language, including intonation, not only for native speakers).
What I really want is to be able to discover possible differences in
the distribution of phonemes between different accents (something
like "shone", "either", "song", "lost", "last", "Mary", "hurry", &c
&c).
For Canadian and Australian English I have some satisfactry
dictionaries. I can't say the same for those about South African
English that I have...

Many thanks
Luciano Canepari
Dept. of Speech Sciences
University of Venice (Italy)
--
LuCa

If you want to contact me about something in connection with my
website (http://venus.unive.it/canipa/), please, write canipa in the
subject space and send to: [log in to unmask]

If you intend to send me any attachments, please, use the following
address: [log in to unmask] (and let me know your intention).