Anyone who works with or teaches on speech errors might be interested...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,1738406,00.html

In brief, on 23 March 2006, speaking enthusiastically about Condoleeza Rice,
talk show host David Lenihan said:
"She's got the patent resumé of somebody that has serious skill. She loves
football, she's African-American, which would be kind of a big coon. A big
coon. Oh my God - I am totally, totally, totally, totally sorry for that. I
didn't mean that. That was just a slip of the tongue"

Lenihan said later that he meant to say 'coup'.
It's quite possible that he was accessing the words 'coup' and 'boon'.
It's also possible that the [k]_[n] sequence repeated in 'African',
'American' and 'kind of' primed the production of the [n] in the offending
word.

I find the 'Freudian slip' explanation rather weak, as these are much less
common than word blends and perseverations.

Anyway, 20 minutes later he was sacked. Apparently his day job as an
academic is now also in danger.