I really don't think that any claim is being made that dyslexia is CAUSED by
opaque orthographies.  If I remember right, I think what you're
referring to is
a study claiming to identify the biological causes of dyslexia, and that
speakers (or better, readers and writers) of languages with opaque
orthographies may well have more problems reading and writing than those who
speak languages with more transparent orthographies.  It could well be
the case
that the task of reading and writing in languages like English exposes to a
greater extent the trouble dyslexia can cause.  English might create
more havoc
in the dyslexic writer but I doubt it creates the dyslexia.
Keith "Arizona" Johnson  :)
Quoting Tom Zurinskas :