Thank you Tao for posting her comments. I couldn’t
agree her more on: China is producing for the world at
the cost of its own environment and sustainability.
In reality, I think the cost is far more than that,
and not just costing their own environment and
sustainability, but the rest of the world.  What is
the rest of the world doing?

Don’t you heard the news reporting the price of oil is
increasing because China and India now consuming more.
 It is okay that most developing countries (such as
USA) have been the major contributors to the
consumption of the world resources on oil for decades.
 But, it is wrong if “the third world” countries need
to share more of the world resources for their
economic development after they have been not in the
picture for decades.  Think about it.

Do you think the Western buyers will transfer their
latest environmental and sustainable production
infrastructure and knowledge to Eastern manufacturers
for free or at low cost? For a country as rich as USA,
we all know how much their government honuors the
Kyoto treaty.  Territories prevention is far more
important than environmental protection.

Tibetan Antelope was once nearly extinct because of
the high demand of its wool in European market.  It
was not until the world organization banned on the
trade of Tibetan Antelope products, then the animal’s
reproduction was able to back to normal.  The world is
one.  It is not about the price tag on yours or mine,
it is the one earth that we shared.

What individual can do at home?  Will fair trade
concept one of the solutions?

Wendy Siuyi Wong