Hi Teena and all,

In response for opinions on personal postings:
I wouldn't see this as a kind of personal admonishment or anything
against Rosan.
I think she has much better responses than a lot of people.
In fact, I was expecting to read her diary which she had planned to
write to the list.
But I felt somewhat held back to post and respond to her postings.
Like you, I was absent, so I am largely clueless as to what was going on.
I would like to read different aspects and thoughts from people who
had attended
the conference. Honestly, when I read Rosan's post, I had the
impression she had
some criticisms to make. Maybe I have read her wrongly. But in any stance
as a reader, I get the feeling that the post's tone was not too
pleasant. It was hard to respond to her post because of that. Whereas
Dori's one was more welcoming. Note that I have neither seen or spoken to
any of them. But from the way they each write on-line, my feeling is
I would have
a much better acquaintance with Dori than with Rosan.
I would have expected otherwise.Its a matter of how accommodating the post is.

I have posted thoughts on different lists and sometimes
I don't get any/good response. Its the same with this list.
I had recently posted a query about PhDs and lectureship
on another list, I had zero response. I am thinking why.
I reckon that I have committed the old flaw of asking
too much in a single email. I can't be too
definitely sure of that, but sometimes what you write
from your mind may not be the same as how other
people perceive it. However, I learn from each post I make to the lists of
what went wrong and what went right.

But I thought patience, guts and positiveness is the only
way to go, so I just keep asking and learning. I guess
you need to be really very open to different outcomes.
Just like everyone has their own character, there are times
people want to respond as well as there are moments
people just want to keep silent.

After saying all this, I face the predicament of either receiving
replies or facing a blank wall with people thinking my post
is insignificant. Its the same with every post made by anyone.

straight talk here with kind regards,
Karen Fu