Hello

I agree totally with Chris in that too much effort is placed on MRSA, and this would appear to be because of media handling of cases involving MRSA.

There are other more hazardous infections (ESBL in particular comes to mind) but because the public and media haven't latched on to this then there's less 'worry' out there.

I remember when the first concerns were raised over MRSA (was it a surprise with the over prescribing of antibiotics?) and if a member of staff was colonised they had a week off work whilst they were treated. Imagine if this were the case now.

Until basic hygiene is used by all those who enter healthcare organisations, especially visitors then this issue will continue for some time to come, and no doubt it'll be nursing staff who are scapegoated yet again.

regards

Glenn