I was just thinking about the times I have had to wear 'issue' clothing especially shoes/boots - most recently when I went 10 pin bowling, and then there was the time I went ice skating and had to hire the boots; not to mention involvement with amateur dramatics (and professional theatre) where costumes are passed on; I am sure between us we can come up with many incidences wear we have to share (non-intimate) clothing, (no I am not insinuating anything) not least of all charity shops and good as new. I have never gone around with a sanitiser spray - has anyone? I don't think times have changed and I would like to see the evidence that foot infections are passed on whilst wearing socks, rather than the bare footed transmission so common at our municipal swimming pools.

 I was wondering if as you said 'My name is mud but that's a mere detail and far from unusual' you are being a little OTT on one or two issues of health and safety? It should be afterall - 'as far as is reasonably practicable!

Greta Thornbory
Consultant, Occupational Health & Education
Consultant Editor, OH Journal
www.gtenterprises-uk.com
Tel: 01235 770156
Mob: 07778 518 027