on 28/11/06 5:01 pm, Lyndsey Marchant at [log in to unmask] wrote:

Hello!
I was about to reply to this but I see that you have had lots of responses!  I have written about this guy too for my assignment!.. How are you getting on  with it?

Lyndsey

----- Original Message ----
From: Tracie McKelvie <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, 27 November, 2006 11:01:04 AM
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] oh history

Does anyone know the name of the person who first considered OH Hazards dating back to stoneage days...it sounds something like Ramanskin???

Thanks in anticipation.

Tracie

Tracie Mckelvie
Occupational Health Nurse / Adviser
Pembrokeshire College
Merlins Bridge
Haverfordwest
Pembs.
SA61 1SZ

Hello Tracey

This influential chap, considered to be the father of occupational medicine, was called Bernardino Ramazinni and practiced in Padua, Italy in the middle ages. I am sure Google can come up with something about him but a better source would be Hunter's Diseases of Occupations. He could teach some medics a thing or too even now in the 21st Century

Anne Harriss