There is no legal requirement to record the date of birth and for the
record this council is also considering removing reference to age in
order to comply with the new legislation , kind regards, Susan

-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Sue Mann (JIC)
Sent: 10 October 2006 16:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Date of birth

Dear All,

Can anyone tell me whether there is a legal requirement to put the date
of birth of a client on all or any documentation, used in OH?

Our HR department are considering withdrawing the DOB section on a job
application form in light of the new laws on 'age discrimination'.

Many thanks,

Sue Mann
Occupational Health Adviser.

FORTHCOMING CONFERENCES AND EVENTS:

For Occupational Health jobs, go to http://OHJobs.drmaze.net

Find out about Occupational Health Nursing Education in UK at
http://home.wlv.ac.uk/~in6232/aohne/