You can maintain your registration on part 1 providing that the work (paid or unpaid) you do means that your RN qualification is required and that you have  'practiced by virtue of your qualification' for a minimum of 450 hours over 3 years. See NMC newsletter May 2006 page 7 and NMC Newsletter Aug 06 page 6

Greta
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Gina Mees
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 12:40 PM
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] NMC register

i have read the debates with interest but i am still left with questions.

as a RN working in the field of OH, does this mean i no longer have the necessary practical experience to register on part one of the register.Where does that leave me? i am several years away from gaining my degree.

 i recall reading earlier this year  that i should be practicing in both fields if wanting to be registered on both parts of the register. Does that mean that once gaining entry to part 3 and if i chose only to retain this entry i can no longer practice as anything other than OH, not that i plan to change careers but one never knows what the future holds

Regards
Gina Mees
Occupational Health Adviser
Melton Foods / Kettleby Foods
This email may contain information about others that is of a confidential nature.This information should be used for the purpose it is intended and kept confidential until no longer needed, when it should be deleted. Please ensure any printed copies are kept securely and confidentially.