From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Aziz, Bashyr
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 9:57 AM
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Sale of RCN Headquarters

Dear Colleague

I am sorry for putting up something which is not directly related to occupational health.

The Royal College of Nursing is thinking of selling off the HQ at 20 Cavendish Square.  As those of you who are RCN members know, this building was a bequest to nursing by the Cavendish family, and it costs very little to run.  Many RCN activists have become concerned by the secrecy with which the sale is being negotiated.  I would not mind it much if the RCN moved up north (Warwick seems to be a likely future location) as that would make it far more accessible to me.  What I do mind is the secrecy and lack of consultation.

If you are an RCN member, and you have a view on this, then please go to http://www.voiceofnursing.co.uk/ and sign the electronic petition, or perhaps even download a paper version to encourage other members to sign.  Remember, you would not be signing to say 'Don't sell the building,' but to say, 'We wish to know the basis on which you are making this decision.'

I apologise again for breaking my own protocol.  If you do sign, please make sure you do so once only.

Bashyr Aziz