just picked up  this email, this is great news, I will ensure my students get a copy of this,

thank you

Pam
-----Original Message-----
From: David Maslen-Jones [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 12 October 2006 14:36
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] NMC

Dear All,

For those of you who have not heard, at the meeting of the SCPHN Committee on Tuesday the committee have decided not to pursue the path of generic public health competencies, for us in OH this means that there will still be a requirement for an OH specific pathway  with OH competencies to be achieved.

This was a major issue for our educators including Anne harris and Becky Elliot as well as Jan Maw who prepared a paper from the RCN, this lobbying resulted in Liz Plastow at the NMC backing our situation and the proposal for  specific pathways was carried unanimously.

Future challenges will include the issues of supernumary status and practice educators, in the meantime I think we owe Anne Becky and Jan our greatful thanks

regards

David

FORTHCOMING CONFERENCES AND EVENTS: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/filearea.cgi?LMGT1=OCC-HEALTH

For Occupational Health jobs, go to http://OHJobs.drmaze.net