Hi Sue

I am one of the fortunate ones who has managed to transfer on to Part 3  of
the Register without any problems.  I hadn't realised just how lucky I was.

As a newly re-elected member of the RCN SOHN steering committee, I will
ensure that this issue is brought up at our next meeting (although I am
certain that it will have been discussed at length at previous meetings).  I
can't let your statement "I don't think I have ever seen the RCN being
proactive where OH is concerned but maybe they act behind the scenes" go
without comment.  Yes, the SOHN committee has worked hard to get the message
of all OH nurses over on many OH issues and there has been truly Herculean
effort from Carol Bannister and Jan Maw, especially with regard to the
Career & Competency Framework.

SOHN has for at least the past 15 months actively encouraged members to
contact either SOHN or the NMC to voice their concerns about the 3rd part of
the Register, and I would be surprised if the committee had not submitted
comments to the NMC.

Have all those of you who are in the RCN joined the SOHN forum?  It is free
to do so - you can do it on-line, or via RCN Direct.  As some of the
previous correspondents in this debate have said, having a strong, united
voice has more impact than a number of individuals.

My current e-mail address is [log in to unmask], and my phone
numbers are below.  Please do contact me off-line if you want me to take
this, or any other issues, forward to the SOHN committee.

Jane Ingham
Occupational Health Advisor
HMP Lincoln          HMP Morton Hall
Tel: 01522 663034    Tel: 01522 666803