From: Susan Clarke [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 29 August 2006 11:31
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Funeral parlour employees and Immunisation
requirements

Good Morning All!

I have just been contacted by a nationwide company with regards to
advising them on their immunisation protocol that they have written and
wish to implement. Obviously, I have asked all the right questions with
regards to job description etc, which they will send me. In the meantime,
can anyone help? They have written that there is a compulsory need for
employees to have the following immunisations:

Hep B
Tetanus
BCG
Typhoid
Polio
Hep A

and all of these must be kept up to date all the time.Costs of these
are "free" with the GP, they state! And immunisation compliancy will be a
contractual requirement!

At first read this does seem to be over the top. However, their rationale
is that dead bodies may be infected with all sorts!

Many thanks,

Sue Clarke, Ock Health Ltd

FORTHCOMING CONFERENCES AND EVENTS:

For Occupational Health jobs, go to http://OHJobs.drmaze.net

Find out about Occupational Health Nursing Education in UK at
http://home.wlv.ac.uk/~in6232/aohne/

PLEASE NOTE: THE ABOVE MESSAGE WAS RECEIVED FROM THE INTERNET.
On entering the GSI, this email was scanned for viruses by the Government
Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Cable &
Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs.
In case of problems, please call your organisational IT Helpdesk.
The MessageLabs Anti Virus Service is the first managed service to achieve
the CSIA Claims Tested Mark (CCTM Certificate Number 2006/04/0007), the UK
Government quality mark initiative for information security products and
services.  For more information about this please visit www.cctmark.gov.uk

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by Government Secure Intranet (GSi)  virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Cable & Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs.
On leaving the GSI this email was certified virus free.