Dear Crumb

I would like to contribute something to this discussion as E:vent is running
a sound_space programme called Threshold throughout March and April this year.

I think 'Audio/Visual' is a partnership borne out of a traditional
linear/temporal understanding of both sound and moving image. For this
reason Threshold is trying to move beyond this and propose a new engagement
with AV.

[brief description of Threshold]
Threshold ‘06 examines the relationship between sound and space (physical,
structural, virtual, animated, performative and technological). A conceptual
thread is set around ideas of threshold, topology, landscape and borders.

These themes will be developed throughout March by means of a series of
informal artist showcases, exhibitions & performances at
E:vent Gallery and further expanded through broadcast discussions on
ResonanceFM. During April Threshold will focus on an experimental residency:
sound artists John Wynne and Volker Marowe will work with students from the
Architectural Association to create a site-specific sound/architecture
installation in E:vent Gallery. The Threshold season will come to a
reverberating finale with a presentation of the work produced in the
residency and a coinciding evening of live performances by renowned sound
artists and musicians, [Threshold programme is put together in collaboration
with independent curator Chloe Vaitsou].

More info: http://www.eventnetwork.org.uk

best wishes to all

Colm Lally
E:vent, Director