**NEW CLUB NIGHT** on 22 JUNE with **LIZZIE MULLER**

Thursday June 22nd, 2006 at 6pm until 8pm in the Seminar Rooms (ground
floor right), Ben Pimlott Building, Goldsmiths, University of London,
New Corss, SE14 6NW

FREE, ALL ARE WELCOME

GALLERY AS LABORATORY:
Working with Audiences in the Creation and Curation of Interactive Art

This talk describes my practice-based research on the integration of
audience experience into a curatorial approach to interactive art. The
research focuses on Beta_space, an experimental exhibition area within
the Powerhouse Museum (in Sydney, Australia) which extends the
interactive art research of the Creativity and Cognition Studios at the
University of Technology into the public context. My aim is to find ways
to work with audience experience as a material, drawing on tools and
techniques from Human-Centred Design, to create an iterative process
which merges the contexts of production and presentation.

LIZZIE MULLER is a curator and writer working at the intersection of
art, technology and science. She is currently researching a PhD on the
audience experience of interactive art with the Creativity and Cognition
Studios at the University of Technology, Sydney. She is the curator of
Beta_space (www.betaspace.net.au), an experimental exhibition area for
interactive art at the Powerhouse Museum, Sydney.

--
Maria Chatzichristodoulou [aka maria x] PhD Art & Computational
Technologies 15 Rodmell Regent Square London WC1H 8HX