On May 18, 2006, at 11:05 AM, Andreas Broeckmann wrote:
> but just because practitioners in such fields as architecture, music,
> graphic design, and software art, are today all using computers, does
> not in itself create sufficient ground for discussing them as an
> ensemble in a meaningful way.

Doesn't it? I'd say there could be a way to significantly discuss the
use and impact of digital computer technology across fields. I'd even
say we don't have enough of this discussion because we are so wedded to
the term "new media".

BTW: how did this thread evolve out of a posting for the MFA program.
Is it generally considered a good program worth the $5,000+ a semester
plus travel and board for the summer sessions? Or is it, as usual, a
case of paying for the useful contacts any good grad school offers?

Robbin Murphy
THE THING, Inc.