-----Original Message-----
From: Zarin Hamed (RWG) West Hertfordshire TR
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 13 April 2006 12:59
To: Bennetts Penny (5GX) StAlbansHarp-PCT
Subject: RE: midwife and languages

Hi Penny,

Hamed is fine thanks.

Very interesting - three solutions to the problem below.

Solution 1 - if staff are employed to reflect the patient's likely to come,
I.e. staff employed who are bi-lingual, then they would be able to help
eliminate the language barrier.

Solution 2 - we would advise the interpreter on the delivery date, and also
ask the interpreter whether they are available around the delivery date,
with times. If the interpreter is available, a note would be made on the
patient's notes, with the interpreter's details, advising the staff to
contact the interpreter upon admittance.

Solution 3 - have a 24 hour service available and willing to contact, via
the main switchboard.

Have a good Easter.

Hamed