The International Confederation of Midwives' Research Standing Committee is looking to expand the network of research advisors/peer reviewers. This multi-disciplinary network serves the dual function of facilitating research collaboration among members as well as providing expertise and advice to the ICM and the Research Standing Committee o­n research issues. In addition, this network will be asked to peer review research abstracts for the next ICM Triennial Conference in Glasgow in 2008. We currently have 120 members from 16 different countries and would particularly welcome members from resource poor regions.

We are looking to expand this network for people from a range of disciplines who have any one of the following:

·         PhD or research doctorate
·         Peer reviewed research publications
·         Track record of research in women's health/maternity care

We have published a contact database of members' research expertise o­n the ICM website to facilitate networking among members.

To see our member's database go to http://www.internationalmidwives.org/index.php?module=pnAdvisory
We would be pleased to hear from any person who believes s/he can contribute to the process of providing research advice and reviewing research. In accordance with other networks of this type, applicants will be asked to complete an application before acceptance. This application is available at the following web link:

http://www.internationalmidwives.org/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&ceid=28&bid=30&btitle=ICM%20Activities&meid=22

 Please send the application directly to Della Forster, RSC Networking Chair at [log in to unmask] If you have any queries, please contact me directly at the address below.

Della Forster
ICM Research Standing Committee Networking Chair

ICM Headquarters, Eisenhowerlaan 138, 2517 KN, The Hague, The Netherlands.  Tel: +31 70 3060520  Fax: +31 70 3555651
http://www.internationalmidwives.org

Yours Jane Sandall
co-chair ICM Research Standing Committee
Dr Jane Sandall
Professor of Midwifery and Women's Health
Health and Social Care Research Division
King's College, London.
Waterloo Bridge Wing,
150 Stamford Street,
London, SE1 9NH