Van: A forum for discussion on midwifery and reproductive health research. [mailto:[log in to unmask]]Namens Sarah Stewart
Verzonden: Sonntag, 5. November 2006 21:33
Aan: [log in to unmask]
Onderwerp: Re: mentoring model in maternity care

Hello Ans

I am looking at mentoring for my PhD research. In 2005 I carried out a national survey of New Zealand midwives and their experiences of mentoring and being mentored in collaboration with the New Zealand College of Midwives. I am happy to send you the report if you would like to see it.

My particular interest is e-mentoring ie how to provide mentoring at a distance using electronic means, which particularly benefits people working in rural and remote areas. I am about to carry out a RCT comparing traditional support and professional development with e-mentoring. This is in collaboration with Blue Care which is a community care organisation (made of nurses and allied health professionals) in Queensland, Australia.

Stewart, S &   Wootton, R   2005 . The practice and potential of e-mentoring for New Zealand midwives. Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, 11 (Suppl. 2): S2: 90–92

I am also about to have an article printed in the Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare entitled: A pilot study of email in an e-mentoring relationship.

Jane Mills is a rural nurse in Australia who has just completed her PhD looking at mentoring for rural nurses and midwives. She would be worth contacting because she has published a few articles and developed mentoring workshops.  [log in to unmask]

best wishes, Sarah Stewart

Sarah Stewart
e-mentoringresearch.blogspot.com
PhD Candidate