* Apologies for any cross-posting *

Dear all

Those wishing to attend the 2006 Science and the Public Postgraduate Conference need to register by Wednesday 3rd May. We are now considering applications for travel bursaries and if you wish to apply for one of these you should send 50 words to [log in to unmask] stating why you should get a bursary, also before next Wednesday.

Further details of the conference are below.

On Saturday 20th May 2006 Imperial College Science Communication Group, in conjunction with the London Public Understanding of Science Seminar, will host the first Postgraduate Conference on Science and the Public: Interdisciplinary Approaches. This one day event will bring together postgraduate and postdoctoral researchers in the area of 'science and the public' in interdisciplinary discussion and debate, helping to link researchers from the disparate strands of academia that consider science as it influences public life.

We hope to attract delegates from a wide variety of disciplines - including science and technology studies, science communication, history, cultural studies, psychology, anthropology, literary criticism, education, museum studies, sociology, media studies, policy studies, geography and others - and to focus on the critical study of science communication.

For further information, the programme, and to download a registration form please visit www.imperial.ac.uk/humanities/scicommconference.

Sarah Davies
Science Communication Group, Imperial College London
Mail: [log in to unmask]
Mob: 07968 324655