Dear all

Apologies for cross-posting. I hope this is of interest to list members.

I would like to draw your attention to the latest issue of Notes and
Records of the Royal Society now available online at
http://www.pubs.royalsoc.ac.uk/index.cfm?page=1083.

Some of the articles included in the January issue are John T. Young's
transcription of Newton's recently uncovered alchemical manuscript, an
article by Paul Quarrie on the scientific collections of the Earls of
Macclesfield, recently auctioned at Sotheby's, Sir John Meurig Thomas'
dedication to the late Max Perutz FRS and a piece on the History of
Science, Technology and Medicine at Oxford by Robert Fox.

Notes Rec. R. Soc. is the Royal Society's journal on the history of
science. Each issue highlights fascinating examples of science shaping
our
lives, revealing reminiscences and discoveries, and authoritative book
reviews.

Submissions of articles which fall within the general category of 'the
history of science, technology and medicine' are encouraged. There
should
be a real connection with the history of the Royal Society or with one
or
more of its Fellows or Foreign Members.  Matters prior to the founding
of
the Society are acceptable provided they bear upon the history of the
Society or its Fellows. For a submissions guide please see our webpages
at
http://www.pubs.royalsoc.ac.uk/index.cfm?page=1083. Should you wish to
contact the journal with any queries please email

The Royal Society offers free online access to all content over 12
months
old.  Read journal articles dating back to 1665 at
http://www.pubs.royalsoc.ac.uk/index.cfm?page=1209.

Regards,
Jilliene Jewell
Editorial Coordinator
email: [log in to unmask]
www.royalsoc.ac.uk
Registered Charity No 207043
The Royal Society - promoting excellence in science

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may also be subject to legal privilege.  It is intended only for the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not named above as a recipient, you must not read, copy, disclose, forward or otherwise use the information contained in this e-mail.  *************************************************************************